Intro – Two Oceans Marathon – Cape Town 2023
“Two Oceans – the Most Beautiful Marathon in the World”. The iconic marathon that is hosted on Africa’s top tourist destination.
The Two Oceans Marathon is a 56 km (35-mile) ultramarathon and 21 km half-marathon held annually in Cape Town, South Africa on the Saturday of the Easter weekend.
Known globally as “the most beautiful marathon in the world”, it takes place in the majestic landscapes of the Cape Peninsula around Cape Town in South Africa. Inaugurated in 1970, the course links the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.
Both races start in Newlands and both finish at the University of Cape Town (UCT) campus.
Selling out every year, the Half Marathon sees some 16,000 participants (making it the biggest half marathon in South Africa), while 11,000 athletes tackle the 56 km Ultra Marathon.
Everyone is encouraged to participate in the fun: in addition to the main events, other events take place the day before the actual race (Good Friday). The list of events include:
- EXPO and Race Registration: 13–15 April 2023
- Approximately 6 000 runners – including toddlers and young children with their families – take part in various fun runs
- Approximately 1 000 trail runners cross the trails of the Table Mountain National Park
- International participants get to run a scenic 5 km route along the Sea Point promenade as part of the International Friendship Run
- Ultra Marathon – 15 April 2023
- Half Marathon – 21.1km – 16 April 2023
Photo Gallery – Two Oceans Marathon – Cape Town 2023
Steven is a very keen sportsman and is involved in various sport activities including golf, weight training and running. Steven completed the 56.34 Km Two Oceans ultra-marathon in 4h 31min👏👍👌😎🏃♂️🥈💨💨
Featured photo by Marlin Clark