This is one of my favourite soup recipes. Add a slice or two of wholewheat bread or toast (with your fave topping mine being peanut butter!!) and you got yourself a nutritious and yummy meal.
I prepare a massive amount so as to serve 2 people for the whole week.
- Cabbage (half a cabbage)
- Carrots (4-5 large carrots)
- Cauliflower (half a cauliflower)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Green beans (200 g)
- Onions (1 large onion)
- Potatoes (4-5 medium size potatoes)
- Pumpkin (400-500 g sliced pumpkin)
- Radishes (4-5 radishes)
- Sweet potatoes (4-5 sweet potatoes)
- half tsp ground black or white pepper
- half tsp ground peri-peri/ chili peppers
- half tsp ground turmeric
- 6 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 6 heaped tsp extra virgin olive oil
Add ingredients into a large cooking pot.
Pour over boiling water from the kettle, then stir well.
Cover and leave to simmer for 30 – 40 mins until the vegetables are tender.
Blitz the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor (a hand blender is easy to clean afterwards).
Ladle into bowls and eat straight away.
Allow the remaining of the soup in the pot to cool to room temperature, add to containers and freeze.