Whether you do the Barbell Glute Bridge or the Dumbbell Glute Bridge the results are the same – this exercise will strengthen your glutes, core, hamstrings and quads.
- lie on the floor with your back flat and your heels as close to your body (butt) as possible
- at the top of the movement extend your hips forward to get the hip hyper extension
- do some stretching before doing the Barbell/ Dumbell Glute Bridge
- the bar/ dumbbels to lie 2-3 inches down from your hips
- hold the bar/ dumbbells shoulder width and push it into your thigh where the bar/ dumbbells will stay during the entire movement
- if during the exercise the bar hurts you can use a pad
- explode up and have a controlled movement on the way down