Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa, the South African President last night addressed the nation and announced various restrictions that will continue in place as well as additional restrictions. These include:
- In public, wearing a mask is mandatory
- The ban on alcohol sales (the sale of wine, beer, etc…)
- A daily curfew between 9 in the evening and 4 in the morning
- Gyms and Fitness Centres to remain closed
- Visiting friends and family not allowed.
For a guy like me this means no indoor rowing (I have to go to gym to do indoor rowing), no wattbiking and no running outdoors. Pretty restrictive hey? I have a couple of light weights at home so just have to stick to them…
As a matter of interest…gyms are now open in many parts of the world. Regrettably not in South Africa (as per the above-mentioned). Dubai gyms re-opened (with restrictions). Some gyms in Dubai in fact operate 24/7. Gyms are open in New Zealand with no restrictions. Go New Zealand!
Click the following link to view in which countries gyms and fitness centres are open: Health Club Closures & Openings by Country >