10.5K and 13.5K. 11.5K at a relaxed pace, the 13.5K a bit faster.
The Itinerary Includes
Sarel Marais homestead – farmhouse and wagon shed (11.5K)
Tswana Reconstruction (11.5K)
Marais Family Graveyard (11.5K)
Lookout Point and Dassie Trail (11.5 and 13.5K)
Sunbird Trail and Lookout Point (13.5K)
Silent Pool (11.5 and 13.5K)
Beacon (11.5 & 13.5K)
Lookout point for large mammals (Zebra, Springbok, Blesbok, other) (11.5K & 13.5K)
Remains of Tswana Dwellings (11.5 & 13.5K)
You need to be reasonably fit to do the hikes.
Cost: R30 on the day.
We have moved to the new JCP Entrance Precinct in the South of the Reserve: -26.303725, 28.010931 (traveling up Peggy Vera Road, the new precinct entrance is immediately after the Klipriviersberg Recreation Centre on the right) – directions below.
Traveling south from the N1 or N3
1. From the (N12) highway, coming from either the western bypass (N1) or eastern bypass (N3) get to the southern bypass (N12)
2. Take Kliprivier Drive off-ramp (R556) and travel south
3. At the third traffic light turn right into Impala Road
4. Travel 4 kms and turn right into Springbok Road
5. Turn first right, just before the Engine garage into Silver Lane
6. At the T-junction turn right into Peggy Vera Road
7. Pass the Klipriviersberg Recreation Centre on your right and turn right into the new KNR entrance precinct immediately after the rec centre.
Traveling from the M1 South
1. Coming on the M1S, pass Gold Reef City, pass off-ramp to Nasrec, look out for the “Vereeniging – R82” sign making sure you don’t end up on the N12 to Bloemfontein! (Tip: be in the right lane)
2. Continue on the R82, passing Columbine Avenue off-ramp (South Gate shopping centre on your right)
3. Travel 3 kms and turn left at the first traffic light into Pierpont Drive – there is a sign pointing to Kibler Park
4. Follow this road for about 1km to until you get to a fork (there is a small island)
5. Take the left fork (Pierpont Drive) and almost immediately a right fork
6. Continue on this road (Pierpont) to the t-junction on Peggy Vera Road and turn left
7. Pass the Klipriviersberg Recreation Centre on your right and turn right into the new KNR entrance precinct immediately after the Rec. Centre.