The Glute Bridge is a pretty basic exercise which targets a number of muscle groups, mainly the glutes, abdominals, lower back and hamstrings. Without adding weight for extra resistance, the Glute Bridge is a very simple, straightforward beginner exercise and one which is often prescribed by physiotherapists for patients looking to overcome injuries, predominantly in the lower back region.
- Bring your heels as close as possible to your body
- lie on a flat back
- arms to side for stability
- core tight
- push up, keep the back straight (not arched)
- push up as high as you can and feel the glutes stretch
- do the aforementioned with the correct form before adding weights.