Easy-Peasy Vegetable Pasta in one Wonder Pot
Why not try this nutritious vegetarian meal – the perfect meal if you’re short on time and budget
This tasty one-pot pasta recipe from Rowing & Regatta nutritionist Jacqueline Birtwisle is easy to cook after training and should be ready to eat in less than 15 minutes.
Add a Greek yoghurt for dessert afterwards, and you’ll have a top pot meal.
Easy-peasy vegetable pasta
400g pasta (use wholemeal for more fibre)
A few pitted olives
2 red peppers
1 courgette, peeled, in thin strips
100g of sundried tomatoes
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
A sprinkling of dried chilli
Handful of basil leaves
Tin of chopped tomatoes
2 cups of water
100g of grated parmesan
How to make it
1. Chop the ingredients into a big pan.
2. The amount of liquid you need to add depends on how much pasta you are using.
3. Cover the pan and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for about 12 minutes – until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
5. You can add or replace any of the ingredients to really make this dish your own wonder pot!