Hemp Seeds + Chocolate Protein Shake
Chocolate Protein Shake
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 banana
- 1 heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter
- 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-3 TBS hemp seeds
- handful of ice
edited to add: I now add a spoonful of chia seeds too!
Place all ingredients in a blender and BLEND until smooth.
I love this drink after a run.
Hemp seeds can be found online or at health food stores–I get mine in the bulk bins at Whole Foods.
About Hemp seeds…
It turns out these little seeds are PACKED with all kinds of good stuff.
- all 20 amino acids, including 9 ESSENTIAL amino acids that our body can’t produce itself. Amino acids are the “building blocks” of protein. They are responsible for strength, repair, and rebuilding inside your body.” -source
- high source (in fact, nature’s highest source) of essential fatty acids
- excellent source of Omega-3s and Omega-6s, for cardiovascular health and a strong immune system
- excellent source of protein–11 grams of protein in just 3 tablespoons, and it’s 100% digestible protein
- source of vitamin E, iron, magnesium and zinc
- hemp is not genetically modified like soy can be