PASTA DINNER IN 15 MINS? Speedy Super Green Pasta!
A serious plate of pasta, light, fresh and vibrant.Chef Donal Skehan
- 350g/12oz pappardelle or any pasta you enjoy
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large courgette, grated or julienne peeled
- A good handful of basil
- 75g/⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 50g/½ cup pecorino cheese, finely grated
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
The 15 mins pasta dinner is incredibly easy to prepare:
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (4 to 5 minutes).
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. While it heats add the garlic and oil and once the garlic begins to slightly turn golden, add the chilli flakes.
- Add the courgette and toss through the hot chilli and garlic oil until just slightly softened.
- Using tongs, transfer the cooked pasta to the courgette pan along with a little bit of the cooking water. Add the cheese, lemon juice and zest and toss until combined.
- Fold the through the pine nuts and basil leaves and season generously along with a good glug of extra virgin olive oil to serve.
Featured photo by Pablo Merchán Montes on Unsplash
Donal Skehan meals to be served on Virgin Atlantic flights >
TV Chef Donal Skehan’s new series brings Family food to the forefront tonight >